The number of Ontarians with dementia is expected to increase by 40% in the next decade. The human costs and the costs to our health-care system will be enormous. We really could not do what we do to support people with dementia, and raise money to find a cure, without volunteers. We value your experience, your input, your enthusiasm and the opportunity to work with you. To find out how you can get involved please email email@example.com or 905-726-3477.
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers are people like you who want to make a difference in their community. When you become an Alzheimer Society of York Region volunteer you have a chance to:
- Help make life better for those living with dementia
- Help improve the quality of community life
- Support a cause that you believe in
- Work with other members of the team to achieve a specific goal
Volunteering also helps you make a difference in your own life. You can:
- Use your professional skills in a new setting
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Learn new skills and discover new talents
- Advance your career or gain experience and qualifications for future employment, scholarships, bursaries and academic programs
- Build your network and establish contacts in your field of interest
- Boost your health and reduce your stress
- Create a schedule that works for you
- Have fun!
Volunteer application form
If you would like to apply to become a volunteer, please download and fill in the volunteer application form and submit it to the Alzheimer Society of York Region.
Last Updated: 03/01/17