The Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District provides a variety of programs and services to the Cochrane and Temiskaming districts. We provide services in English and in French.
Support GroupsOur Support Groups for caregivers meet once per month from September to June. Meetings take place in the evening or afternoon and might include anything from casual gatherings to guest speakers to educational sessions. Support Groups are offered in Timmins, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Cochrane, Hearst, New Liskeard and Kirkland Lake.
For further information on dates and times of upcoming meetings, please contact our office at:
- First Link Coordinator: (705) 268-4554, toll free at 1-844-288-4554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Education Coordinator: (705) 647-2379 or email@example.com
Learning CentreWe have several books, videos and information sheets in our library, which we will lend from both our New Liskeard and Timmins offices.
We also have many information pamphlets which we distribute free of charge.
EducationOur Chapter is responsive to the educational needs of its geographic area by identifying what knowledge and skills are required to support those providing care for people with dementia and their caregivers:
- We initiate and facilitate public education activities
- We provide specialized and accurate information by trained presenters to various target groups
- We reinforce public awareness of Alzheimer Disease
- We advocate for people affected by Alzheimer Disease
- We provide education and support training for caregivers, volunteers, professionals and long term care staff on issues pertaining to Alzheimer Disease and Related Dementias
- We recruit, train and manage volunteers
- We maintain and update educational resources
First Link Learning Series
For information about our First Link Learning Series, visit the First Link section of the website here.
Please contact us if your group may be interested in UFIRST, Advance Care Planning, Enhancing Care or Gentle Persuasive Approach.
Last Updated: 11/08/2017