North of Superior Film Association screening of Still Alice
We are pleased to be sponsoring the movie Still Alice at the North of Superior Film Association’s 22nd Annual Northwest Film Fest
In Still Alice, based on Lisa Genova's 2007 novel, Dr. Alice Howland (Julianne Moore) is a renowned linguistics professor at Columbia University. When words begin to escape her and she starts becoming lost on her daily jogs, Alice must come face-to-face with a devastating diagnosis: early-onset Alzheimer's disease. As the once-vibrant woman struggles to hang on to her sense of self for as long as possible, Alice's three grown children must watch helplessly as their mother disappears more and more with each passing day.
When: Sunday April 12th at 4.45 p.m., and Sunday April 19th at 2.30 p.m.
Where: North of Superior Film Association screening at SilverCity Thunder Bay Cinema
Purchase tickets: Visit the North of Superior Film Festical site here
THANK YOU for helping us raise "dough"!
A huge thank you to Boston Pizza on Memorial Avenue for hosting such a wonderful event on April 1! We would also like to thank all those who supported the event by purchasing tickets and enjoying a delicious meal.
The event was a success, raising valuable funds that will help the Alzheimer Society of Thunder Bay provide programs and services to the 2600 individuals living with Alzheimer’s dementia as well as their caregivers, in the Thunder Bay and district.
Thank you to our past supporters
- Boston Pizza, 505 Memorial Avenue, Thunder Bay - Amount raised TBD.
- Patricia DelPaggio and St. Patrick High School’s Grade 12 Drama Class’ production of Alice@Wonderland - $10,000.00 raised!
- Coccimiglio and Cunningham Annual Golf Tournament - $4,520.61 raised!
- 5 year old twins Kolt and Kayln Crocker’s lemonade stand - $126.00 raised!
- Preston Jason’s lemonade stand - $162.35 raised!
- Belluz Farm’s Pumpkin Mania event – over $300.00 raised!
Last Updated: 11/08/2017