Training for Healthcare Professionals
This program is designed to train healthcare professionals caring for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. The training sessions vary in duration. Please contact us for more information on this service.
Information Sessions, Conferences and Kiosks
We offer information sessions in both French and English to anyone interested in Alzheimer’s disease. Content can be adapted to the type of activity and theme. These activities provide information and promote public awareness. Large public conferences feature renowned guest speakers.
Training and Support groups for caregivers
These groups are for caregivers and families. Their purpose is to:
The groups are run as a six week session in the day or evening with each meeting lasting two hours. The meetings are offered on a continual basis and take place in the communities which we serve.
- Valorize the caregiver and their role
- Provide an environment for sharing and exchanging
- Provide information and a learning environment for the caregiver with the tools necessary to:
- Better understand the disease
- Live their daily lives
- Avoid exhaustion
- Make communication easier
- Plan for the future
- Know what resources are available within their area
Last Updated: 11/26/12