The annual Tag Day Campaign raises $25,000+ for local programs and services. Volunteers collect donations outside of approved local businesses. Tagging locations have included Zehrs, Nofrills, Loblaws, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart and The Beer Store.
Time Commitment: One or more 2 hour shifts
- Collect your tagging tray prior to your tagging shift. There is a collection location for each community.
- Stand by the entrance or exit of the store location where you are booked.
- Smile and greet customers as they go in. A simple “hello” or “Good Morning” will suffice.
- Accept donations in the donation box and hand out ‘tags’ (stickers)
- Alzheimer Society pamphlets will be provided. if someone asks a challenging question about dementia or the Alzheimer Society, refer them to the brochure and ask them to contact the local Society directly.
- Return your tagging tray after your tagging shift to your community’s collection location.
2017 Tag Days in Simcoe County
The annual Tag Day Campaign raises funds for local programs and services provided to individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, and their care partners, within Simcoe County. Volunteers collect donations outside of approved local businesses consisting of one or more 2 hour shifts.
Tag Days for 2017 will be held on the following dates:
- June 9 and 10: Orillia, Alcona and Stroud Tag Days
- June 23 and 24: Tag Days will be held in the following communities: Angus, Alliston, Beeton, Bradford, Midland, Collingwood, Stayner, Wasaga Beach.
- *Barrie Tag Days in June will only be at the Barrie Beer Stores.
- September 22 and 23: Barrie Tag Days at all other Barrie locations and Barrie LCBO stores
Volunteering for Tag Days
Volunteers who usually help with Tag Days can contact the following individuals to book your shift in your community.
June 9 and 10
- Orillia Taggers: Volunteer Lynn Leitch will phone you to book your shift
- Alcona and Stroud Taggers: Contact volunteer Krystine Belland at 705-735-2861 or email@example.com
June 23 and 24
- Angus, Alliston, Beeton, Bradford, Midland, Collingwood, Stayner, Wasaga Beach Taggers: Contact volunteer Krystine Belland at 705-735-2861 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 22 and 23
- Barrie Taggers: Contact volunteer Krystine Belland at 705-735-2861 or email@example.com.
If you are not a volunteer with the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County but would like to help with Tag Days in your Community, contact Marguerite Glanfield, Volunteer Resources Coordinator at 705-722-1066 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book an interview. Two hours of your time in your community, will Make a difference in the lives of individuals living with dementia and their care partners within Simcoe County.
Last Updated: 11/08/2017