Community Promotions Coordinator
Position Title: Community Promotions Coordinator 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s
Program: Walk for Alzheimer’s
Department: Fund Development
Supervisor's Title: Planning Committee Chair and Events Coordinator
Supervisor's Name: Volunteer and Josie Figliuzzi
Position Summary:To promote the 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s through various means available in the community.
Responsibilities:1. Collaborate with the Fund Development Coordinator to create a plan for promoting the 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s in Simcoe County using posters, community bulletin boards, flyers, church bulletins, media, social media, etc.
2. Implement the plan in a timely manner.
3. Coordinate volunteers who have agreed to distribute materials in the community.
4. Develop and maintain accurate records and responses to efforts for future events.
Position Specifications:• Excellent verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good supervisory, delegation skills
• A professional manner
• Attention to detail
• A ‘people person’
• Comfortable approaching media and other community groups
• Commitment to attend planning meetings
• Flexible schedule which allows telephoning and completing some tasks through business hours
• Committed to the mission of the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County
• Enthusiastic about the annual Walk for Alzheimer’s
Standards:• Conscientious in completing all tasks of the promotions plan in a timely manner
• Conscientious in attending the planning meetings
• Developed and maintained good records
• Delegated to other volunteers and supervised them effectively
• Conducted all contacts and transactions to the highest standards
• Attend Orientation Session for new volunteers
Accountability:• To the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County: to represent the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County to the community and to the media and promotion locations in a professional and friendly manner
• To the Planning Committee Chair and the Events Coordinator: to fulfil all responsibilities in a timely and acceptable manner
• To the Participants: to promote the event successfully
Rewards:• Opportunity to work with the other members of the committee and the community to plan a successful event
• Opportunity to get to know the community in a new way and develop relationships within the community
• Opportunity to encourage others – Have lots of fun!
• Satisfaction of having contributed to the success of the 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s by assisting with the extensive advertising of the event
Time Commitment:• Collaborating with the Events Coordinator to develop the promotions plan:
4 – 6 hours
• Monthly Planning Committee meetings beginning November 2016 to May 2017, approximately 1.5 – 2 hours/month
• Implementation of the Promotions Plan: December – May: 4 – 6 hours
• Attend the 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s on Sunday, May 28th, 2017
Last Updated: 11/08/2017