First Link® is an innovative referral program designed to assist individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, as well as their families and caregivers. First Link® provides support from the point of diagnosis and throughout the progression of the disease.
We need your help! Our goal is to partner with physicians and other health professionals, to create a support system for individuals affected by dementia.
The First Link ® program contains five essential elements:
- Partnerships with physicians, health professionals and community organizations.
- Formal Referrals as soon as a diagnosis is made or at any other time in the progression of the disease.
- Proactive outreach to individuals and families.
- Information and connection to Alzheimer Society of PEI programs and services, and other community and health care services.
- Planned follow up at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, etc. . . to ensure families are being supported.
First Link® Connects People To:
- A learning series offering information about diagnosis, day-to-day living, positive approaches to care, how to manage challenges and how to prepare for the future.
- Support groups and opportunities for one-to-one counselling.
- Additional community programs and services.
First Link® Referral Process
First Link® Referral Form