Why I Volunteer: Meet Gail
1. Of all the places in Oxford County, why did you choose to volunteer with the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?
Henry had been volunteering for a long time and I started out baking for a Saturday workshop and tagged along with Henry on a display.
2. How long have you been a volunteer with the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?
Officially for 2 years but unofficially for 6!
3. What volunteer positions are you currently involved with at the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?
Baking, prepping newsletters for mailings, pre-walk phone calls, deliveries, picking up supplies. Set up and staffing of display tables at fairs. Set up for Walk For Memories and staffing a table. Setting up for the Gala.
4. What is your most memorable moment from volunteering with the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?
Pushing the coffee cart from Streetfest up Dundas St, Wellington and Peel with Robyn and Henry when we took down the display.
5. What impact has volunteering at the Alzheimer Society of Oxford had on you?
It has made me aware of how many services that the Society offers and given me the opportunity to meet the staff and many other volunteers.
6. Is there anything you would like to say to encourage others to volunteer for the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?
It’s a great place to volunteer. The volunteers are shown great appreciation and a person can volunteer as much or little as they wish to fit in with their daily life.
Last Updated: 11/08/2017