Where We Stand
Our position statements
The Alzheimer Society of Ontario has released the following documents to support our requests on behalf of Ontarians living with dementia.
Prevalence and impact of dementia, increasing access to flexible respite options for caregivers and expanding the reach of the First Link® program to all Ontarians
Presentation to Standing Committee on Social Policy
Ten action steps by 2020 to prevent dementia, increase the quality of care for Ontario families facing dementia and manage healthcare spending
Society asks Ontario government for dementia strategy and caregiver support
- Budget 2010 Consultation Presentation to the Minister of Finance (December 2009)
- Turning a private trouble into a public issue
- Response to Part 2 Proposed Initial Draft Regulation Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 (October 2009)
- "Making Every Door The Right Door For Persons With Dementia"
"Every Door is the Right Door: Towards a 10-Year Mental Health and Addictions Strategy" (July 2009)
A Response to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care's Discussion Paper
- Alzheimer Society of Ontario presentation to the Select Committee on Mental Health and Addictions (June 2009)
- Alzheimer Society of North Bay presentation to the Select Committee on Mental Health and Addictions (September 2009)
- Alzheimer Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County presentation to the Select Committee on Mental Health and Addictions (September 2009)
- Alzheimer Society of Sudbury-Manitoulin presentation to the Select Committee on Mental Health and Addictions (September 2009)
- Alzheimer Society of Ontario input on draft regulations to the Long Term Care Home Act (Bill 140) (June 2009)
- Poverty Reduction for All Ontarians: Focus on Dementia and Seniors Issues (Bill 152) (April 2009)
Submission on poverty reduction to the Standing Committee on Social Policy.
- Dementia: A Health Care Priority in Ontario (January 2009)
- Caring for the Caregivers (January 2008)
Alzheimer Society of Ontario's submission in response to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs' 2008 Pre-Budget Consultations. Focus of response is on ensuring that government meets its commitment to provide grants for persons caring for someone with dementia in their own home.
- Goodness of Fit: Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias and the Chronic Disease Management Framework (September 2007)
Describes how care for persons with dementia and their caregivers can be furthered by delivering health and social supports through a chronic disease management framework. A joint paper of Alzheimer Society of Ontario and Central Regional Geriatric Program.
- Health Promotion Initiatives for Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias (ADRD) (August 2007)
- Performance Improvement Process Model (attachment for Health Promotion report
Looks at the rise in awareness and growing need for health promotion and prevention initiatives specifically aimed at dementia-risk reduction.
- It's Time to Act: Ontario's Dementia Imperative in English (August 2007)
- It's Time to Act: Ontario's Dementia Imperative in French (August 2007)
- ASO Written Submission on the Long-Term Care Homes Act (Bill 140) (January 2007)
- ASO Oral Presentation on the Long-Term Care Homes Act (Bill 140) (January 2007)
- Delivering Rural Health and Social Services: An Environmental Scan (March 2006)
Explores ideas for health and social service delivery in rural and remote areas to best meet the needs of seniors, based upon an environmental scan conducted in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia.
- ASO Submission on the Local Health System Integration Act (Bill 36) (January 2006)
- Planning Model for the Health and Care of the Elderly (November 2005)
Provides an overview of health system planning for the elderly, with an emphasis on Ontario. Originally prepared as a tool for the communities served by Alzheimer Society in Ontario and the 14 Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs).
- Position Paper on the Casa Verde Jury Recommendations (September 2005)
- Home Care and Dementia: Response Paper of the Alzheimer Society of Ontario to the Caplan Report, Realizing the Potential of Home Care (August 2005)
Shaping the Future (January 2003)
Research and rationale
The following documents provide the research and rationale to support our position statements.
Last Updated: 08/30/16