Make a difference by volunteering with the Alzheimer Society. We need people of all ages, skills, and interests to plan, coordinate, teach, speak, innovate, lead, create, inspire, build, advocate, organize, investigate, meet and greet, answer phones, motivate, and more. And with flexible time commitments, we can accommodate all your schedule. Look below to see how to help.
- Volunteer Friendly Visits - Engage in meaningful activities with someone living with dementia in the community. Find out more.
- Program - help develop programs to support people with dementia or offer your time in a specific program in your community
- Fundraising – Help out with events or volunteer to make calls. Find out more.
- Leadership - Volunteer as a member of a board or committee, or offer support and training to other volunteers
- Speak out – Help keep dementia top-of-mind among politicians and media:
- Write letters or emails to different levels of government
- Meet with local politicians to help achieve public policy goals
- Participate in public forums, meetings or events
- Speak to radio, television or newspaper reporters (we’ll help you!)
To find out more about these opportunities, please contact email@example.com or your local Alzheimer Society
Volunteer at the Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District
The core of any non-profit, charitable organization is the volunteers who dedicate countless hours assisting with various tasks such as:
- Selling Raffle Tickets
- Participating in the Manulife Walk for Memories
- Participating in the annual Krispy Kreme/Coffeebreak Event
- Office duties
- Facilitating Support Groups
- Delivering educational sessions
Volunteers are very important to our Chapter. Without volunteers, our office would not be able to provide the services we currently offer. It is our hope that our committed volunteers will continue to assist us with our mission and new volunteers will join forces with us to carry on the work of the Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District.
If you would like to be part of our team and share your volunteer time with us, please do not hesitate to contact us Alzheimer Society of Timmins.
Last Updated: 05/11/15