Discussion and support groups
Groups are designed so that people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and partners in care can learn from others who may be having similar experiences. All of our groups are offered free of charge, but registration is required.
We offer five regular and ongoing groups:
- Men's Breakfast Club: for men who are caring for someone with dementia
- Caring Hearts Women's Group: for women who are caring for someone with dementia
- Coffee Club: for both men and women caring for someone with dementia
- Early Stage Group: for both men and women with early stage dementia and their care partners who have attended the First Link® Learning Series
- Caring Across the North: hosted over the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN), this group is for care partners who live outside of Thunder Bay.
We also organize a number of specialized groups which are offered at different times throughout the year.
- Diner's Club: a social group for care partners and people with dementia, the Diner's club meets at a different restaurant each month
- Making Connections: a four-session education and support group for men and women caring for someone with dementia who is living in a specific long-term care facility
View our events calendar for dates, times and locations of the Society's discussion and support groups.
Last Updated: 07/04/17