The Art Program offers participants who are living with dementia and their care partners an opportunity to engage in a wellness activity that provides the opportunity for social engagement, improves quality of life, and increases informal supports through connection with other participants.
Painting is an expressive therapy/social group that offers an opportunity for personal choice and control as participants will be encouraged to choose their canvas size, what tools to work with, choosing paint colours and what textures to work with.
- Client of the Alzheimer Society of Niagara
Region accompanied by their care partner
- Ability to follow step-by-step instructions (no art skills required)
- Paid registration fee ($15 for a 3-week class; $10 for a 2-hour workshop)
3 week classes
- August 23, August 30 & September 6
- October 18, October 25 & November 1
- November 15, November 22, November 29
2 hour workshops
For more information or to register please call our office at 905-687-3914.
Last Updated: 07/26/17
Back to top