The planning checklist
The following checklist provides some of the key questions to ask when planning for the future.
- Who will be the substitute decision-maker for financial matters when you are unable to make those decisions for yourself?
- Do you have a will?
- Who will be your primary caregiver?
- What role will other family members play?
- Where are you currently living?
- If you live on your own, are you safe?
- Should you start investigating other options such as assisted living or long-term care facilities?
- Who will be your substitute decision-maker for health-care decisions?
- If your primary caregiver is unable to provide care on short notice (i.e., during a medical emergency), is there a plan in place?
- Are family and neighbours aware of the back-up plan?
Last Updated: 10/02/15