Jump to month
- October 4, 11, 18 and 25: First Link Learning Series. Find out more>
- October 4, 11 and 18: Next Steps Learning Series. Find out more>
October 6, 13, and 20: Adjusting our Driving as We Age. Join us for an important 3-week education session about preparing for, or dealing with, retirement from driving.
Location: Alzheimer Society of Dufferin County, 25 Centennial Rd, Unit 1 in Orangeville
Time: 1:00 to 2:30pm
Registration: Call Alzheimer Society of Dufferin County at (519) 941-1221.
October 8 and October 22: Join the Dementia Friends Walking Club! Find out more>
October 12: Lifestyle Improvement and Resource Fair. Hosted by the Dufferin-Peel MS Society, this fair aims to build community connections with organizations and companies and enhance the overall life of people 55+ and those with varying levels of abilities. Find more information here.
October 26: Coffee Break Drive Thru. Great coffee, great cause! Enjoy Mochaberry coffee and lattes along with Wicked Shortbread cookies for a donation to Alzheimer Society of Dufferin County. Date: Wednesday, October 26th, 7:00 to 10:00am
Location: Simply drive thru at Georgian College at 22 Centennial Road in Orangeville.
Suggested donation: $3 for a coffee/snack and $5 for a latte/snack
See our Facebook event>
- November 3, 10 and 17: Care Essentials Learning Series. Find out more>
- November 10: Get Connected (formerly Brains, Bones and Phones) Join us to learn more about services and programs for Seniors in Dufferin County . Lunch will be provided.
Location: Lord Dufferin Centre, 32 1st Street in Orangeville
Time: 10:00am to 3:00, 9:30 registration
Registration: Limited seating available. RSVP by October 28th to Alzheimer Society of Dufferin County at (519) 941-1221.
- September 10: Public Education opportunity. Join us at the Farmer's Market in Orangeville!
- September 19: Public Education opportunity. "Living Well in the Community". Location TBD.
- September 24: Ride for Memories: Fall Tour. Register today>
- August 4: Coffee Break 2016 Open House! Visit our office between 11 am to 1 pm, or 6 pm to 8 pm to support and kick-off this year's Coffee Break. Find out more>
June 2: Join us for Living Well, a Community Event from 2 to 4 p.m.! Please register by calling (519) 941-1221. Find out more >
June 6, 13, 20, 27: First Steps education session for those with a recent diagnosis and family care-partners. Find out more>
June 7, 14, 21: Options for Care education session for family care-partners. Find out more>
- April 23: Dinner & Dance "Fun" Raiser at Orangeville Senior Centre, 26 Bythia Street, Orangeville. Find out more>
Alzheimer's drugs also work for those in later stages of illness, study finds...>
Estate Planning for Seniors: How to Make Sound Decisions That Preserve Dignity...>
Four foods to keep your mind sharp (Video)...>
Hospice care helps those who are facing end of life and their family members transition to that last stage...>
Ontario schools will do more for students with head injuries under new legislation...>
Ontario nurses group releas new guidelines aimed at minimizing use of potentially harmful restraint...>
Yoga For Caregivers: Meditation May Lower Depression, Improve Brain Functioning In Dementia Caregivers...>
WHO: Healthy ageing -- adding life to years (Video)...>
Living a full life, despite Alzheimer`s ...>
Delay in seeking diagnosis for dementia symptoms results in huge treatment gap...>
Canadians missing out on early Alzheimer's diagnosis...>
The Alzheimer Society urges Government action on senior care and support...>
Private member's bill calls for national dementia strategy...>
Seniors in hospital beds costly for health system...>
Last Updated: 11/01/16