The Alzheimer Society of Hastings-Prince Edward (ASHPE) is a non-profit organization and registered charity that offers support, education, and advocacy for families of people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Through a federation agreement, ASHPE is one of thirty-some members of the Alzheimer Societies in Ontario. The Alzheimer Society is partially funded by the South East Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) . This network was established by the Ontario government in order to promote integration among our health care resources at the local and regional level.
The Society receives 40% of its budget from the South East LHIN. Consequently, it depends on donations and volunteer support for the remaining 60%. Except for an amount budgeted for research, all of the money raised by fundraising events stays within the local Society.
If you are interested in helping the Alzheimer Society in our work, please consider volunteering your time or making a donation. Your support makes a big difference in our efforts to ease the burden of Alzheimer's disease.
To learn more about our programs, services, and events we encourage you to explore our website or contact the Society office directly.