| What is First Link®? | Why should I use First Link? | How First Link works? | What First Link does for your patient| Evaluation report | Other resources|
What First Link does for your patient
- Quickly connects them to programs and services at their local Alzheimer Society, including:
- One-on-one and family counseling and support groups
- Tips for navigating the health system to get the care they need
- Five-part learning series of workshops tailor-made for families at various stages of the illness. Topics include practical information about the disease and daily living, positive approaches to care, strategies for challenges and how to prepare for the end of life.
- Links them to other health and social service providers in their community
- Helps them find resources to manage issues such as decision-making, adjusting to the loss of a driver’s licence, financial planning, power of attorney and long-term care placement