What is First Link®?
A diagnosis of dementia is difficult. But First Link makes the journey ahead a little easier. It helps connect people with dementia and their caregivers to support and education so you can better manage the changes associated with the disease.
Offered by Alzheimer Societies across Ontario, First Link will help you:
- Understand dementia, what to expect and how to manage it
- Manage dementia’s symptoms and improve your quality of life
- Navigate the health-care system and direct you to services and support in your community
- Connect with others on the same journey. You are not alone!
- Receive on-going support so that you feel more confident, whether you have dementia or are caring for someone with dementia.