Why should I use First Link?
First Link is a lifeline for people with dementia and their caregivers to community support, including their local Alzheimer Society, where they can learn more about dementia and access crucial programs and services.
First Link will help people with dementia and caregivers access:
- Education, to increase their understanding of dementia and manage its psychological and behavioral symptoms
- Support groups, to help with managing stress and provide an opportunity to share with others
- Counselling, to provide a support network of professionals
- Day programs, to offer activities tailored to people with dementia
- Respite care, to give caregivers a much needed break