Information and services available:
Many times, people with dementia and caregivers do not know about the many programs and services available in their community. You can offer them a lifeline to living well with the disease.
By referring them to First Link, you will help connect them to their local Alzheimer Society, which can offer:
If you know someone with dementia or someone who is providing care for a person with dementia, find out more about local Alzheimer Society services, including information, support and education.
- One-on-one counseling sessions
- Respite care
- Support groups
- Social and recreational activities
- Finding Your Way, a wandering persons prevention program
- Medic Alert® Safely Home® Program
- Educational resource materials (brochures, factsheets, tip sheets...)
- Tips for navigating the health system