For the Caregiver
Support groups provide an opportunity for caregivers who share a similar experience to support one another, exchange information and ideas and in doing so, strengthen their capacity to cope. Case counsellors facilitate these groups and offer information and guidance according to the needs and interests of the group. Support groups run once a month for 1.5 hours.
View our support group calendar with integrated maps for more information.
Year-round Support Groups
- St. Catharines - Third Monday of the month, 1:30 pm @ the Alzheimer Society
- Welland - First Tuesday of the month, 1:30 pm @ Welland Community Wellness Complex
Support Groups running September through June
- Fort Erie - First Thursday of the month, 1:00 pm @ Garrison Place
- Grimsby - Last Wednesday of the month, 1:30 pm @ Grimsby Senior Centre
- Thorold - First Wednesday of the month, 6:00 pm @ Niagara Region Headquarters
- Welland (Francophone) - Second Wednesday of the month, 1:30 pm @ Goodwill Community Centre
Last Updated: 06/08/17