Early-Stage Wellness Activity Program
This 3.5 hour program is for persons with early-stage dementia to meet with peers, focus on their strengths and abilities while participating in meaningful activities in a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment. We believe that this program fosters a sense of community, support and fulfillment. Each session is prepared in response to the identified needs, wishes and choices of persons with early-stage dementia.
- Gentle exercise program
- "Brain game" activities
- Planning and preparing meals
- Arts and Crafts
Criteria for Participation
- Diagnosis of early-stage dementia
- Medically stable and physically able to participate in a day/activity program
- Individual is interested in participating and is appropriate in a group setting
- Individual is comfortable in the absence of a care partner
- Individual understands the nature of the day/activity program and freely gives consent to participate
Please Note: In order to offer this program the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region must ask for a nominal fee.
Last Updated: 11/08/2017