This program is a social program that involved persons with dementia their families, and others from the general public who are interested in learning about dementia. The program occurs monthly, and the goal is socialization with an educational component. The Café includes a presentation on a different topic each month, followed by entertainment and refreshments. This program is geared towards people of all ages, and along all stages of the dementia journey.
Plaster Rock Welcome Centre
159 Main Street
Third Wednesday of each month, please check this page each month or our Facebook page as Memory Cafe's are weather permitting.
Exciting Volunteer Opportunity
Do you have 4-5 hours per month to become a Memory Café Committee Member?
The Alzheimer Society is seeking a group of people interested in being on a planning committee for the Memory Café. Being a member of the Memory Café Committee will provide you with an opportunity to collaborate with the Alzheimer Society in the planning and execution of this event.
There are many opportunities for everyone to get involved such as:
- Helping serve refreshments and taking photos of the event
- Creating a friendly environment for all attendees
- Talking and listening to people with dementia and their caregivers in a sensitive and supportive way
- Joining in with social activities that benefit the individual
- Help to promote the café through community boards, posters, word-of-mouth, etc.
- Attend regular planning committee meetings
- Help find appropriate guest speakers and entertainment as needed
For more information or to get involved please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-664-8411 We are hoping to launch additional Memory Cafés in Campbellton, Shippagan, Kedgwick, Rexton, Grand Manan and St. Stephen and in any other interested communities!
Last Updated: 12/21/16