About the Alzheimer Society of KFL&A
Founded in 1981, the Alzheimer Society of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) is committed to helping people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias by:
1. Providing care, support, information and education for people living with dementia
2. Educating decision-makers about the need for improved health care services and qualified health care workers to support people with dementia
3. Increasing awareness of dementia and its impact on the whole family
We offer Help for Today through our programs and services for people living with dementia and Hope for Tomorrow…® by funding research to find the cause and the cure.
1. Help for Today: Care and support
Our staff and volunteers provide support programs, educational resources and referral services to ease the burden of care and improve the quality of life for people living with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Services are free for as long as they are needed. These include:
Memory clinics for early detection
Education and information sessions
Private and family support sessions
Medic Alert Safely Home® helps police find people with dementia who are missing. It is a nationwide program developed by the Alzheimer Society of Canada in partnership with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. For more information or to register, visit www.safelyhome.ca
2. Educating decision-makers: No one needs to face this disease alone
Alzheimer's disease and other dementias have the potential to overwhelm Ontario's health care system. We campaign for improved health and social services and a workforce qualified to support people with dementia.
3. Awareness: Offering the latest information
We search for and publish the latest information about Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, including risk factors, myths, and how you can help delay the onset or slow the progression of the disease.
For more information about any of our programs and services, please contact our office at:
Alzheimer Society of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington
400 Elliott Avenue, Unit 4, Kingston, ON, K7K 6M9
Business Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Phone: 613-544-3078 or 1-800-266-7516
Last Updated: 06/01/16