About the Alzheimer Society of Huron County
The Alzheimer Society of Huron County is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to helping people affected by Alzheimer's disease or related disorders. In addition to providing programs to the community we also support research through the Alzheimer Society of Canada as well as the Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Formed in 1992
- Incorporated in 1993
- Non-profit charitable organization
- Serves all of Huron County with a population of 59,000
- Ten board members
- Volunteers assist with many aspects of the organization including board governance, programs, fund development and awareness as well as office assistance
- Approximately 180 members
- Approximately 161 volunteers
- Associated with the Alzheimer Society of Ontario (38 Chapters) and the Alzheimer Society of Canada
The Alzheimer Society of Huron County is committed to providing educational and support services to people with Alzheimer Disease and related disorders, caregivers and the general public.
Charitable Registration No.
The Alzheimer Society of Huron County is a non-profit charitable organization and depends on charitable donations and special events fundraising for the financial support required to continue our work. All donations to the Alzheimer Society of Huron County are eligible for tax receipts.
The Society receives funding through the Southwest Local Health Integrated Network (SWLHIN) to support our education, counselling and First Link programs. Multi-Sector Accountability Agreement is signed with the SWLHIN.
Statement On Privacy
Please click here to see our Statement on Privacy. Should you have any questions about our Privacy Statement, please do not hesiate to contact our office.
Last Updated: 10/18/12