Dementia by the Numbers PEI
Want something done about Dementia in PEI? Raise your Voice Here
Click Here to Read our Letter to the Provincial 2015 Political Party Leaders
Click Here for The Green Party's Response
Click Here for The PC Party's Response
Who is Affected?
- 2,361 Islanders are living with dementia.
- 14% of Islanders living with dementia are under 65 years of age.
- 64% of Islanders living with dementia are women.
- Informal caregivers provide over 1 million hours of unpaid care.
- Unpaid caregiver opportunity costs exceed $39 million.
- The total economic burden of dementia is over $124 million.
- Nearly 4,000 Islanders will be living with dementia.
- Informal caregivers will be providing 2.7 million hours of unpaid care.
- Unpaid caregiver opportunity costs will exceed $204 million.
- The total economic burden of dementia will exceed $560 million.
- If we do not act today, we will be unprepared to meet the needs of Islanders affected by dementia.
Last Updated: 08/24/16
Back to top