Office Assistant - Special Events
The Alzheimer Society of B.C. hosts a number of signature events throughout the year. Funds raised at these events support the programs, workshops and research aimed at serving the estimated 70,000 British Columbians and their families who are affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Office Assistant – Special Events role:
Office Assistants in Special Events help us reach people who want to support the Alzheimer Society of B.C. and ensure that every person who donates to the cause is appreciated for their contribution. Duties include:
- Researching, securing and cataloguing auction items
- Contacting and tracking hosts for Coffee Break®
- Assembling event day supplies
- Preparing thank you letters for donors and supporters
One or two days per week for 2-4 hours a day, starting as soon as possible until May 2017.
- Connecting with people equally passionate about supporting the Alzheimer Society
- Working within a dedicated team of fundraising professionals
- Free parking at our Vancouver office included
- References/reference letters may be provided to volunteers who have successfully completed 6 or more months in their position
- Clear communicator
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organization skills, the ability to multi task
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Orientation to the Alzheimer Society’s mission, vision, programs, and services
- Training in office procedures to track and manage donations
Please fill out our online application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 02/06/17