Minds In Motion® Assistant
Metro Vancouver: Vancouver, North Vancouver, Coquitlam, Richmond
Island: Victoria, Courtenay, Duncan, Parksville, Nanaimo
Interior: Kelowna, Prince George
Bilingual Cantonese/English opportunities available in Vancouver and Richmond.
“The instructors and volunteers are friendly and we can tell they truly care how we are feeling. They make this program inclusive and fun. We love the camaraderie and great people.”
- Minds in Motion® participant
Minds in Motion® Assistant role:
Minds in Motion® is a gentle fitness program followed by socializing and activities designed to stimulate thinking, play, laughter and conversation. Minds in Motion® Assistants:
- provide assistance to participants during the fitness program
- assist with set-up and clean-up of refreshments, games and activities
- help ensure everyone has the opportunity to be included, has an enjoyable experience, and is able to participate in activities and socializing.
- minimum 6 month commitment
- 3 to 4 hours per week
- some flexibility re: school schedules, traveling, etc.
- Increased knowledge about dementia and family caregiving
- Opportunity to support persons with dementia and those caring for them
- Position may count towards training and experience for direct support volunteer positions, including workshop or support group facilitator roles
- References/reference letters may be provided to volunteers who have successfully completed 6 or more months in their position
- Enjoys being with people, and is comfortable reaching out and including others
- Patient, friendly and fun; comfortable in a non-competitive, inclusive environment
- Sensitive to boundaries in working with vulnerable adults
- Experience working with older adults and/or dementia helpful
- Physically able to participate in the fitness part of the program
- Able to lift light weights (supplies)
- Orientation to Society programs, services and information resources
- Access to Alzheimer Society dementia education programs
Please fill out our online application form or email email@example.com.
Last Updated: 06/12/17