Coffee Break® Administrative Assistant
Help us organize 2017’s nationwide Alzheimer Coffee Break®.
Coffee Break® events bring people together to talk about Alzheimer's disease and dementia over a cup of coffee, raising awareness and funds for programs, services and research. Our 2017 goal is to see 120 Coffee Break® events across British Columbia.
2017 Coffee Break® Administrative Assistant
Coffee Break® Administrative Assistants are key to ensuring Coffee Break® hosts have the supplies to pull off a great event. Your duties include:
- Assembling, mailing and tracking Host Kits
- Keeping track of Coffee Break supply inventory levels
- Printing/copying materials, creating labels, preparing mail-outs
- Monitoring the Coffee Break email account and managing supply-related inquiries
- Other tasks as required
- Once a week for four months, between July 24 and November 3, 2017
- 4-5 hours per day
- Shifts available either Monday or Thursday
Benefits of volunteering
- Resume builder: Add an administrative project with a well-known charity to your resume. Reference letter included.
- Skill builder: Learn how to manager key logistics in fundraising and event management.
- Community builder: Support champions in their efforts to raise awareness and funds across B.C.
Requirements / qualifications / skills
- Reliable, friendly, energetic, with a "pitch-in" attitude
- Cooperative, flexible and able to multi-task
- Good computer skills, including Word, Excel other MS Office tools at an intermediate level
- Professional written communication skills – able to communicate clearly and confidently with event hosts via email
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner and adhere to deadlines
Provincial Office at 300-828 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, B.C.
Please forward a resume to Allison Baker at email@example.com with the subject line “Coffee Break Administrative Assistant” or complete our online application.
Last Updated: 09/11/17