Welcome to our new website
The Alzheimer Society of B.C. is pleased to announce the launch of its new website, and is inviting visitors to explore it on your desktop computer or mobile device. Visitors can now enjoy a more user-friendly experience, and better navigation and functionality throughout the website. Easy to use and more graphical in design, the website now offers richer online content, and simpler ways to find out how to get involved in the Society’s activities and learn about what’s new.
Content on the new website has been consolidated and pared down so now visitors can explore more in-depth information about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias through seven principal topic areas: About dementia, Living with dementia, We can help, Get involved, Research, News & events and About us. These options are accessible through the main horizontal bar below the website header and in the global footer.
Website visitors can now benefit from simple and effective new tools.
A number of key elements have been improved or added as persistent features in the right sidebar across the new website. From any web page, you can single-click to go to: an Alzheimer Resource Centre, the First Link® program, resources for health-care providers, research in B.C. or another Alzheimer Society in Canada.
- From a list of communities, visitors can single-click to view Alzheimer Resource Centres in different areas of the province.
- A new Google calendar displays upcoming education programs, workshops, events and support groups for each area.
- New web forms make it easy to subscribe to tele-workshops, newsletters or bulletins, to host a Coffee Break®, or to apply to volunteer.
- On any web page, visitors can use an improved Search feature, which displays results that can be sorted with the click of a mouse button by relevance and date.
- Throughout the website, visitors can now use social media share tools like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to share web pages that are of interest.
We invite you to explore the new website. And while you do, why not give us your feedback on it by posting a comment on our Facebook page.
Last Updated: 09/11/17