Education and public awareness programs have been developed to assist with the distribution of information to both professional health care providers and the general public. Educational sessions can be individualized to meet the needs of the participants.
Education Topics Include:
- Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias Overview
- Understanding the Link between Brain and Behaviour
- Assisting with Activities of Daily Living
- Responsive Behaviours in Dementia Care
- Communication and Interaction Strategies
- Grade 4 Children's Awareness Program
- U-First! Training
- The Experience of Dementia: Common Feelings and Emotions Experienced by Persons with Dementia
- How to Reduce the Risk of Dementia
- Caregiver Education Series
- Meaningful Activities
- Sensitivity Training
- Secondary School Education Program
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA)
Upcoming Educational Events
Click here for information on our Grade 4 and 5 Education Program - Heads Up for Healthy Brains!
Annual Scholarship Writing Program
This Scholarship Writing Program involves a written essay about Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.
The objective of this education program is to increase awareness of Alzheimer's disease or related dementias, provide scholarship money to assist those pursuing a college or university education, as well as to encourage students to consider a career in gerontology.
Scholarship Entry Period Now Closed
Last Updated: 12/16/14