Education and awareness
In addition to the First Link® Learning Series for people with dementia and their care partners, we provide customized education programs to a wide variety of target groups. Training sessions, workshops, and public presentations are available on many dementia-related topics. Examples of various workshops/presentations and their target audiences include:
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) in Dementia Care – a one-day workshop for health care workers in a variety of care settings
- U-First! – a one-day workshop for front-line health care workers in a variety of care settings
- Healthy Brain – a one hour presentation for the members of the public who are interested in maintaining their brain health
- Church groups – a presentation for members of congregations who are interested in learning about supporting their members who are experiencing memory loss
- Grade 5 presentation – a one-hour presentation designed to increase children's understanding of Alzheimer's disease, methods of keeping the brain healthy, and the value of older persons in our society
Other popular presentations include Overview of Dementia, Communicating with the Person with Dementia, and many other dementia-related topics.
We also publish a newsletter twice per year that contains educational information, and we host an annual Alzheimer Education Conference for health care providers.
For more information on our Education and Awareness program, or to request a presentation, please contact us at one of our offices located on the Contact Us page.
Alzheimer Society Afternoon Learning Series
Learn all about Dementia from the early stages to the late stages. Starting Jan. 10 2018 -Feb 7 2018@ 1:30- 3 00 Room 337 White Mountain . All welcome. Pre Registration appreciated. Please contact Wende Diemer at 705-848-8145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alzheimer Society Evening Learning Series
Learn all about Dementia from the early stages to the late stages. Starting April 4. 10 2018 -May 2 2018@ 6:30- 8 30 Room 337 White Mountain . All welcome. Pre Registration appreciated. Please contact Wende Diemer at 705-848-8145 or email@example.com
Last Updated: 12/14/2017