What We Do
The Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories (ASANT) is working to change the face of dementia in Alberta and improve the quality of life for those with the disease. Through seven regional centres and a provincial office, the Society offers a provincial network of educational and support services for those with dementia and their care partners, builds partnerships with health professionals and the community and advances research into effective treatments and finding a cure for this devastating disease.
In 2014, almost 40,000 Albertans were living with dementia, almost 1% of the total population. By 2043 if nothing changes, it is expected this will increase to 225,000 Albertans, almost 3.5% of the population. There is currently no known cause or cure for Alzheimer’s disease but there is hope for creating a better tomorrow.
The Society’s Programs and Services include:
- First Link®
- Individual care planning consultations
- Individual and group support
- Seeds of Hope learning series
- Onsite information and community referrals
- Public education and information
- ASANT Café – online community for individuals affected by dementia
- Safely Home TM (Wandering registry)
Further information is available through our Regional Offices or toll-free at: 1-866-950-5465
Last Updated: 08/28/16